Polycarbonate sheet is a unique engineering thermoplastic which combines a high level of mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. The versatility of this material makes it suitable for many engineering applications. When extruded in sheet form, its optical and impact properties in particular render this material and ideal candidate for wide range of glazing applications. These hollow multiwall sheets are used in conservatories, commercial greenhouses, swimming pools, industrial areas, residential projects, offices and sports stadiums. This versatile range of material helps to deliver state of the art, lightweight glazing
Lexan- Sabic – Europe
Cornerstone – Taiwan
|2.1m x 5.8m||6mm||Variety of colors are available in clear (plain) and textured|
1.Anti-ultraviolet, Anti-aging ─ Coating on the surface of PC sheet by Co-extrusion process. There is high concentration of anti-UV coating on surface. This blocks ultraviolet rays to pass through and prevent yellowing and extend the lifetime of panel and keep excellent transparency for long time.
2. Flame Resistance ─ PC sheet have excellent flame resistance up to B1 grade. It does not contribute to the spread of fire when burning, no smoke and no poisonous gases.
3. Light and Environment Friendly and Unbreakable ─ The 10mm multi wall panel is 76% lighter than 3mm tempered glass. Easy and durable for construction.
4. Light Transmission ─ Light transmission of clear PC multiwall sheet is up to 80%. .
5. Shape Stability ─ PC sheet would remain good impact resistance and rigid after long time in a complex extreme temperature conditions.
6. Chemical Resistance—PC sheet has sufficient resistance to most chemical substances encountered in normal exterior use.
7. Impact Resistance ─ PC sheet has excellent impact resistance from -40ºC to +120ºC.
Comparison Between Cornerstone Polycarbonate Sheet and Fiber Sheet
|Temperature Res.||Up to 120°C||Below 100°C|
|Light Transmission||Up to 89%||Up to 80% **|
|Fire Spread||Self Extinguishing||Flammable|
(% of Total Roof Area)